ENGAGEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Engagement Terms and Conditions shall apply to all quotes and invoices sent through our practice management system (“Invoice”) and shall become binding upon payment to Carbon Law Group for the services indicated in the Invoice.
1. This Engagement and Fee Agreement (“Agreement”) constitutes a legal contract between the client as stated above in the header of the invoice, (“Client” or “You”) and the CARBON LAW GROUP, A PROFESSIONAL LAW CORPORATION (the “Firm,” comprising of, among others, its “Attorneys”). You are encouraged to have this Agreement reviewed by your regular attorney or business advisor. Firm cannot begin rendering services unless payment is received and the terms of this Agreement are accepted.
Client has selected the Firm to provide the services listed in the Matter Description found in the Invoice we have sent you (“Engagement”). The scope of the Engagement is limited to what is indicated in the Mater Description found in the Invoice.
Our goal is to provide you with excellent legal services. While we cannot guarantee the outcome of any given matter, we do strive to represent your interests vigorously and effectively.
2. CLIENT’S DUTIES. The Client agrees to be truthful with the Firm, to cooperate, to keep the Firm or its Attorneys informed of any information or developments which may come to the Client’s attention, to abide by this Agreement, to pay the Firm’s bills (as may be additionally applicable) on time, and to keep the Firm current with regard to the Client’s address, telephone number, and whereabouts. The Client will assist the Firm in providing necessary information and documents.
This Agreement will not take effect, and the Firm will have no obligation to provide legal services until Client pays the fee called for under Section 3 below.
3. COSTS AND FEES. Attorney and Client have agreed to a FLAT FEE indicated in the Invoice, according to the applicable payment terms.
All additional work outside the scope of the Engagement detailed in Sections 1 and 4 shall be subject to the following standard hourly billing rate: $525.00 per hour for the Managing Partner, Pankaj Raval, $525.00 per hour for Senior Associate Attorneys, $365.00 for Senior Associate Attorneys, $245.00 for Junior Associates, $150.00 per hour for Paralegals, and $100.00 per hour for Law Clerks.
Firm bills in .1 of hour increments for all hourly engagements. All phone calls and emails are billed at a minimum of .2 of an hour. Letters are billed at a minimum of .5 of an hour. If you are looking for a flat fee for communications, we offer monthly subscription plans.
The Firm or its Attorneys will inform the Client of any additional fees before the Firm commences work on matters outside the scope of the Engagement.
4. BILLING STATEMENTS. Should Client engage Firm to complete work beyond the scope of this Engagement, Client and Firm agree to the terms of the new engagement in writing with the remainder of this agreement remaining in force.
Subject to the Client’s written request, the Firm may send the Client periodic statements for additional fees and costs incurred pursuant to Section 4. Each such statement will be payable within fifteen (15) days of its mailing date. The Client may request a statement at intervals of no less than thirty (30) days. If the Client so requests, the Firm will provide one within ten (10) days. The statements shall include the amount, rate, basis of calculation or other methods of determination of the fees and costs, which such costs will be clearly identified by item and amount.
5. LATE FEES. Bills for additional fees incurred that are not paid within 15 days of receipt by the Client will be assessed an 18% per year late fee. This fee represents the administrative costs to the Firm for updating bills and sending out payment reminders. The Firm kindly asks all clients to pay his/her/its bills in a timely manner.
6. TAXES. The Client acknowledges that the Client alone is responsible for the payment of all taxes related to its this Engagement or any related transactions. The Client understands that the Firm and its Attorneys are not qualified to give advice on tax matters. Thus, the Client agrees to consult with an accountant, tax attorney, or other qualified tax advisers regarding the tax liability, or potential tax liability related to this matter or any related transaction.
7. DISCHARGE AND WITHDRAWAL. The Client may discharge the Firm and its Attorneys at any time. The Firm and its Attorneys may withdraw with the Client’s consent or for good cause. Good cause includes the Client’s breach of this Agreement, refusal to cooperate or to follow the Firm or its Attorneys’ advice on a material matter, or any fact or circumstance that would render the Firm’s continuing representation unlawful or unethical. When the Firm’s services conclude, all unpaid charges will immediately become due and payable. The Firm will, upon the Client’s written request, deliver the Client’s files and property in the Firm’s possession whether or not the Client has paid for all services, as applicable.
8. DISCLAIMER OF GUARANTEE AND ESTIMATES. Nothing in this Agreement and nothing in the Firm’s statements to the Client will be construed as a promise or guarantee about the outcome of the matter or transaction. The Firm makes no such promises or guarantees. The Firm or its Attorneys’ comments about the outcome of the matter are expressions of opinion only
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTIONS. Firm strives to provide Client with the best service possible. In the unlikely event that a dispute arises between the parties, Client and Firm agree to first attempt to resolve any dispute by informal mediation using a mediator of the parties’ mutual choosing, and if the dispute cannot be handled by meditation, the parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration under the rules of the California Arbitration Act. In no event shall Client’s damages exceed the fees paid to Firm.
10. ATTORNEYS’ FEES. Client agrees to pay for all costs and fees associated with the collection of any outstanding bill or payment related to the services provided by the Firm. The prevailing party shall be entitled to attorneys’ fees and costs related to any dispute or action brought or arising out of this or a related engagement between the parties.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties. No other agreement, statement, or promise made on or before the effective date of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
12. SEVERABILITY IN EVENT OF PARTIAL INVALIDITY. If any provision of this Agreement is held in whole or in part to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire Agreement will be severable and remain in effect.
13. EFFECTIVE DATE. This Agreement will be enforceable on the date on which the Client signs it and, if a deposit, full flat fee, or retainer amount is due, when the Firm receives those funds. This Agreement will govern all legal services performed by the Firm on behalf of the Client. Even if the Agreement does not take effect, the Client will be obligated to pay the Firm for the reasonable value of any services the Firm may have performed for the Client.
By providing the initial deposit/full payment required above, you accept the terms of this Engagement and Fee Agreement and agree to be bound thereby.
Please provide payment by eCheck using this link: https://secure.lawpay.com/pages/carbonlg/operating