II. Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
- We collect information from and about users of the Website, including your personal information that you knowingly choose to submit through the the contact us forms or engagement intake forms you fill out on the Website, including your title, name, address, phone number, email address, business or company affiliation or trademark related information.
- We also collect your information automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, device ID, locations, and IP addresses. Information passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it, is done in the following ways:
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Website, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Website.
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Social Media Widgets: Our Website may include social media tools, including social media widgets or plug-ins, to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Website. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
III. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you,
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us,
- for marketing communications, such as to send newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. Recipients may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided within the email with marketing or promotional material.
- Please note that we will still send transactional-related messages despite opting out of marketing communications for actively-engaged clients of the firm. Transactional-related messages include communications about trademark registrations or enforcement matters relating to the client.
- for transactional communications, for example, if you have submitted the Website’s contact us form, we will use the provided email address and phone number to contact you about your inquiry. This contact information of you will be discarded if you do not engage our firm in representation.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection,
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or
- for any other purposes with your consent.
IV. Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- With our third-party software providers;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Company’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request,
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements,
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its affiliates, or others.
V. Data Security
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Company. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- If you have registered to receive our newsletter, legal service information, or any other automatically distributed information, you may change this registration status at any time. Simply contact us to have your name removed from the particular distribution list you wish to be removed from. This can be achieved in several ways:
- Click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any automatic email update or alert that you receive; or
- Send an email to [email protected]